As Trainee you will have the experience of give support in the creation and complementation of bids/estimations/quotations based on customer specification or customer requirements/budget in order to achieve both market competitiveness and high margin for the Company. Maintain and improve the balance between the unit (Motors and generators) and customers that are present in the area of responsibility.
1. Target: Formulates competitive bids/estimates/quotations, taking into account best available product mix and appropriate technical and commercial considerations for each individual situation.
Ensures tenders are well documented in a timely manner and with appropriate level of detail, including full and accurate costs.
2. Preparation: Manages the preparation of all technical (e.g. defining the most suitable technology and product type(s)), financial (e.g. total price sheet, cash flow analysis) and if necessary project management (e.g. quantifies hours of engineering and commissioning) aspects of the bid/estimate/quotation, indicating prices and trading conditions.
3. Coordination: In accordance with bid/estimate/quotation planning, ensures that inputs forediting activities are provided on time and according to established quality procedures. Manages external services to support bid/estimation preparation such as translations and governmental approvals.
Collects and archives documentation regarding the offer/order and records assumptions and decisions taken during the development process.
Regularly reports the status of the bids/estimates/quotations using defined tools and collects and analyses the reasons for tenders being lost and won.
5. Risk: Identifies potential risks in the bids, quotations and estimates, and in any related contract agreements across customers/channels. Provides information and/or participates in the Risk Review process in accordance with ABB policy.
6. Information coordination: Responsible for collecting and collating all information needed to prepare the proposal, including both technical and cost
7. Customer relations: Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships to understand customer needs. Ensures a positive customer experience throughout the
sales process. Provides any necessary technical support to Sales Managers during technical meetings with customers.
8. Supplier selection: Identifies potential vendors for equipment and materials required in the project and technically evaluates supplier offers to check match with specifications. Collaborates with Supply
-Student of last semesters or intern.
Panama City, Panama,Bocas del Toro,Panama
Business unit Business Unit Motors & Generators
Publication Start Date 02.05.2018
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and
motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport &
infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is
writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from
any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As
title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the
boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100
countries with about 135,000 employees. www.abb.com